FMD TEST INTENDED USE
Foot and Mouth Disease NSP Ab Rapid Test is a sandwich lateral flow immunochromatographic
assay for the qualitative detection of Foot and Mouth Disease
Non-structural Proteins antibody (FMD NSP Ab) in animal’s serum.
Assay Time: 5-10 min
PRINCIPLE OF THE ASSAY
Foot and Mouth Disease NSP Ab Rapid Test is based on sandwich lateral flow
immunochromatographic assay. The test device has a testing window.
The testing window has an invisible T (test) zone and C (control)
zone. When sample is applied into the sample hole on the device,
the liquid will laterally flow on the surface of the test strip. If
there is enough FMD NSP antibodies in the sample, a visible T band will appear. The C
band should always appear after a sample is applied, indicating a
valid result. By this means, the device can accurately indicate the
presence of FMD NSP antibodies in the sample.
FMD TEST KIT COMPONENT
1. Each pouch contains one cassette , one pipette and a desiccant
2. Centrifugal tube
3. Product Manual
FMD TEST PROCEDURE
1. Do centrifugation to animal’s whole blood sample to collect
serum or plasma for use. If serum is too sticky to move, please do
a dilution of 1:1 with PBS or distilled water.
2. Take out the cassette from the foil pouch and place it
3. Gradually drip 3 drops of serum/plasma into the sample hole “S”.
4. Interpret the result in 5-10 minutes. Result after 10 minutes is
considered as invalid.
INTERPRETATION OF RESULTS
Positive: The presence of both C band and T band, no matter T band is clear
Negative: Only clear C band appears.
Invalid: No colored band appears in C zone, no matter whether T band
FMD TEST STORAGE
The kit can be stored at room temperature (2-30°C). The test kit is
stable through the expiration date (18 months) marked on the foil
pouch. DO NOT FREEZE. Do not store the test kit in direct sunlight.
FMD TEST PRECAUTION
1. For best results, please strictly adhere to these instructions.
2. All reagents must be at room temperature before running the
3. Do not remove test cassette from its pouch until immediately
4. Do not reuse the test kit.
5. Do not use the test beyond its expiration date marked on the
6. The components in this kit have been quality control tested as
standard batch unit. Do not mix components from different lot
FMD TEST LIMITATION
Foot and Mouth Disease NSP Ab Rapid Test is for in vitro veterinary diagnosis use only.
All results should be considered with other clinical information
available from veterinarian. For an accurate result, It is
suggested to apply other method such as ELISA for final
determination in practice.
Contact Rebecca Yan